PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Windows 10 Nov Update Wipes Out Printers
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2020, 18:27
WB627

Received 48 Likes on 15 Posts
Good evening to one and all, I am back up and running having had this up date reinstall itself and uninstalled it.

I have 2 Epsons, although one is currently in pieces, an HP LaserJet 2300 DTN and 2 flavours of Dymo label writer, connected when required. On top of that I use Cute PDF writer, that thinks it's a printer and also gets taken out by the update which also causes IP errors on my network.

The Dymo's, Epson R3000, and Cute PDF disappear completely. The HP and Epson BX525 appear to be still there but, they are captioned "No Driver Available" and wont work. I have today tried reinstalling the latest drivers again, without success. It is not a Mode S PC so that is not the issue.

With what I have on this PC, a clean install fills me with dread and I'm not convinced that would solve the problem anyway and could make matters worse.

I have a couple of laptops, one is a Dell workstation which was bought to render 3D animations, which it does rather well, I never migrated this one to Windows 10 just in case, good decision. The other is a small Acer running W10 but unlike my PC it does not log into the Microsoft Collective every time I boot it up and does not get updates unless I ask for them. I don't use this very much anymore, so today I started the process of updating that to the Nov 19 W10 update, to see if that has the same problems. If it does than I shall download all the updates since Nov 19 to see if there is a fix amongst them for my problems. I am not optimistic.