PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2020, 12:33
Derfred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This negotiation is now over. The offer has been made. It was negotiated but not agreed.

The “yes” or “no” vote is no longer about how good or bad the offer is, or how it compares to any other proposal or ideal. It’s now about the risk of the Company carrying out the threat of outsourcing after a “no” vote. That is all it is about.

Some have convinced themselves that the Company can’t or won’t outsource, or that it is illegal, or an idle threat, and will vote “no” accordingly.

Some have convinced themselves that the Company threat to outsource is real, and absolutely will happen in the event of a “no” vote, and will vote “yes” accordingly.

Many are uncertain, and are awaiting AIPA’s advice.

I don’t think AIPA have ever been put on a spot as serious as this.

My personal prediction is that if the AIPA committee recommend a “no” vote, they will get one. And if they recommend a “yes” vote, they will get one.

If that prediction is correct, then the vote becomes dependent on 40 elected COM members, many of whom campaigned in the recent election for the sole purpose of rejecting this EBA, and many of whom who have absolutely zero industrial experience, talked into the idea over a beer by a few wheelbarrow pushers who actually have nothing to lose.

If you are an S/O or an F/O and you have recently joined the Committee because an A380 or B747 Captain you had a beer with recently thought you were “like-minded” and put you on the ticket, think seriously. They have nothing to lose if the A350 goes external. You and most others do.

I really hope that all AIPA Committee members have very wise advice at hand when it comes to a decision, and I hope that they, our elected representatives, consider it carefully.

Thousands of pilots are relying on you to get this right, Your vote next meeting could be the most important vote of your or my life. Please consider carefully, we’re all counting on you.