PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2020, 06:21
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
The new entity will be cheap labour. Do I dare say it again? Cheaper labour undercutting every EBA going forward. If you think the conditions in this EBA are unacceptable, wait till you see the next one.
Yes or No, that's the likely result. But why give it to them on a platter as we (and every other union) has done in the past. The flying they are asking for is going to be horrible. If 'senior' pilots can't explain that (long term jet lag) to 'junior' pilots then how can 'senior' pilots explain the debilitating tiredness to an office worker who travels once a year (and of course offloading you in First) who feels a little groggy for a few days.

The focus on money is rubbish. Qantas cannot afford to keep their current fleet. They have to have a fuel efficient fleet - it's 20 years past when it could/should have happened. This argument is window dressing. London to a brick Joyce has had it explained to him that something has to change or he is losing major financial support. He's a bully, there is no family silver left to sell and he's using this - he wants to blame someone. Can't be his fault, obviously!

It's impossible to put 40/50/60 year old minds into 20/30 year olds, but the perception seems to be that 'older' pilots don't care and don't see the big picture. Let me assure anyone reading this that they see a FAR bigger picture than they did when they were 20/30yo. These are extremely smart guys, the equivalent of top flight lawyers or high flying corporate types. And they've been lied to for decades

FWIW I think Beer Baron's posts speak a lot of truth and unbiased summation.