PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2020, 04:12
normanton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Beer Baron
You are both quite correct. That concurs with what I said:

The point is, they set a firm timeline and then weaselled out of it. This new deadline is irrelevant for the reasons you both lay out.

Since you are listening to the webinars normanton, can you explain the logical fallacy of saying;
a) You must vote yes by March 31st as Airbus won’t allow us to delay any further. And,
b) If you vote no we will order the aircraft anyway and someone else will fly it.
See the problem there??? Why not order the aircraft today? It’s happening with a yes OR a no vote.

The deadline is a pressure tactic!!! Nothing more.
I don't disagree with what your saying. It makes sense. That exact question has been asked multiple times in the webinars.

No I don't see the problem here. They have given a March 30 deadline. It needs final board approval at the end of the month. Take the terms offered or leave it, they will happily setup a new entity to do OUR flying. It really can't be anymore clearer than that.

The new entity will be cheap labour. Do I dare say it again? Cheaper labour undercutting every EBA going forward. If you think the conditions in this EBA are unacceptable, wait till you see the next one.