PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 29th Feb 2020, 21:59
normanton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gordonfvckingramsay
Normanton, most of what you assert is either pure rhetoric or unfounded assumptions.
And what assumptions are they gordonfvckingramsay? Using common sense?

I'm not the one running around saying VOTE NO because the 350 is a 380 replacement.

The facts here is that a NO vote will result in the 350s going to a new entity. So for everyone saying "the 350 will replace the 380", what do YOU think will happen to the mainline fleet once the 380's are eventually retired? Dejavu the 767 retirement. I hope you enjoy your RIN.

I’m sure the unfounded assumptions could do with some in depth explanation. You seem to be well versed in the economic realities of running an airline, could you elaborate...elaborately if you please?

The 380 is at the end of its production line. The world is moving away from 4 engine jets. They are not fuel efficient compared to twin engines. They are a dying breed. The 380 legacy conditions will die also.

But by all means, continue to stand up for your legacy conditions. Make sure you wave to the new entity as they taxi out the 350 past you. Don't wave for too long tho, because within the decade they will be waving and laughing at you as your 380 is retired, and you have nothing to replace it with. THAT is the reality.