PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 29th Feb 2020, 02:25
34R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by A little birdie
Now, if you can let go of that and compare what is being asked for with what we currently do .

The question is whether what is being offered is reasonable or adequate based on what crew fly now.

You keep asking to compare the offer with what we do now. If I do that then it’s a pay cut.

Just because it’s not on offer doesn’t mean that it’s not a relevant point. It’s a very significant point and based on that it’s going to be rejected by a very large portion of those voting because at the end of the day we measure how the offer is going to affect us. That’s very individual I know, but if I ask myself when I consider what’s on offer:
How much will I earn?
How many days in a roster will I it take me to earn it?
When I go to work, how much time will I spend there?
When I get home, how long will I spend there and how long will it take me to get over what I just did?
Is what I’m doing sustainable?
Am I better off professionally and what impact will it have on me personally?
After all of that, if it’s superior to what I’m doing now then great. If it’s not then I don’t see it as a step forward.

If you’re going to cherry pick the parts of our current agreement that it is better than, then I suppose you can easily support your argument.
I still put it to you that holistically, it’s a massive step backwards not to mention an appalling capitulation to a disgraceful display of threats and intimidation from a few who stand to very well from this thing getting over the line.

anyhoo... we clearly differ on this and that’s ok, we are all different.
whatever happens will show itself in due course and we will deal with it as best we can