PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2020, 21:32
normanton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sunfish
Normanton, if they did what you suggest, the Qantas brand will fragment very quickly.
They didn't care about that when they introduced Jetconnect. They wont care about that with Sunrise

Originally Posted by Capt Colonial
Yep 15% more flying for 13% Less pay (A330) if you run the numbers.
ULH flying takes it toll, not just on the Pilot however the Pilots Family (Wife + Children) more time away and under the New CASA Approved FRMS far more work.
4 Pilot Operation to 23.5 Hours.
Are these numbers provided by the company / AIPA? Until they are then your numbers are just hearsay.

If you don't want to do the flying, you don't have to. Its opt in only.

Originally Posted by V-Jet
A ‘No’ vote means nothing changes.

If AIPA is smart it will end up in PIA - that cost Qf a couple of hundred million last time, and then the FRMS issue can be sorted out properly.

A ‘Yes’ vote means the pilot body have once again agreed to massive concessions because they were asked for and also opened the door to multiple threats on multiple fronts. The floodgates will well and truly be opened on new entities being developed ‘de rigueur’ and anything new being only offered with multiple percentage paycuts.

For those living with their heads in the sand on the money front, if Qantas want this so much, why might that be?

No one with ANY understanding of long term jet lag and back of clock flying could possibly think this is a good idea.

I cannot for the life of me understand people here blaming ‘senior’ pilots for not caring because they have their Super! If you give away 60% of your earning capacity (and likely 20+ years of your life from truly horrific body clock issues) you will NEVER have any retirement much beyond a pension! But if that’s what you believe in, then go for it. It’s just very sad seeing future careers being sold down the river for a few pieces of (promised but never delivered) silver jets....
The company wont care about PIA. They will happily loose $200m and ground the airline to prove a point. $200m over a 20 year Project Sunrise project is nothing. $10m a year. Pocket change for them. Meanwhile your A350 has gone to a new entity. The company wont ever have to deal with you again over the issue. Hell, they would probably even save $200m in the new entity alone.

The comment regarding Super was made by one person. Perhaps you could tell me why I've had people in the LHS say they are voting NO so they can "stick it to the company"? Thats nothing more than short term ridiculous view. Again, an easy thing to do when you are sitting comfortably in the LHS and your career isn't at play here.

The 350 flying is opt in. 60%? Where did you get that number from? My god, at least provide numbers with some context.