PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2020, 20:33
normanton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by V-Jet
Sunrise is what? a 26%(++) pay cut. I am at a loss to understand why anyone is keen to accept that because it’s been asked for.
That's a scaremongering comment. Provide proof its a 26% paycut. You can't, because the final deal hasn't been released yet. It has been said multiple times in the webinars that no current pilot will take a pay cut.

Then the fact S/O’s are thrown under a bus.
And this is the simple logic you are failing to understand. I AGREE with you. The S/O's are being thrown under the bus. But they are far better off being thrown under the bus under a mainline LH EBA, then a new entity. The conditions will be even worse, and a new cheap entity will be born. For every single internal and external applicant waiting to apply to mainline, I bet any money they would prefer to come in under a mainline LH EBA, than a new 'Jetconnect' entity EBA.

I am completely flabbergasted. It almost defies belief.
Likewise here. You cannot see the big picture at play here. I'll post a picture for you.

New entity takes on the 12 x 350's
Company sees how good new entity it is doing, orders more.
LH EBA renewal time. Company wants to order more 350s. Puts mainline up against new entity. Cheaper option wins.
Company orders more 350's for new entity.
Company looks to replace ageing 330 fleet. Decides on more 787's vs 350's.
Company puts mainline LH EBA up against new entity. Cheaper option wins.
Company orders more 350's to replace 330's. Sends them to new entity.
Mainline 330's pilots RIND to senior fleet (probably 380/787)
737 fleet renewal comes up. Again company looks at cheaper option. Company decides to setup SH EBA for the new entity for A320/321.
SH mainline fleet slowly retired. 737 pilots RIND to god knows where. Many jump ship to new entity on probably worse conditions.
380's come up for retirement around 2030.
Company orders 350's to replace 380's.
Company sends new 350's to new entity to replace 380 flying.
Mainline 380 pilots RIND to most senior fleet (probably 787).

It's a very realistic reality if you think about it. Don't think they wont do it, because they will.

Last edited by normanton; 28th Feb 2020 at 20:46.