PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Windows 10 Nov Update Wipes Out Printers
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2020, 15:45
WB627

Received 48 Likes on 15 Posts
I started using PC's at work in 1982, long before we had IT departments to "fix" your problems and you had to sort it yourself. The first of them used UCSDP as the operating system, it was the system Bill Gates wrote whilst he was at university (left before he graduated), it was FREE which is why the cheapskate company I was working for used it instead of paying Bill Gates a Kings ransom to use DOS and was why we never got any updates for the project management software we were using, like the people that were using DOS did. Before that I had a Sinclair ZX81 and taught my self to write Sinclair Basic, which was very useful later on. So I've tried everything I know and searched Microsoft and Google for an answer but to no avail.

I've stopped and started the spooler, I've tried reinstalling the printers several different ways but it won't let me do that. It also messes up my ethernet card and takes out Cute PDF writer. I've been to the websites of the printer manufacturers Epsom, HP and Dymo (it looks like a driver problem) and there are no answers there either. The only way to fix the problem is to go back to the previous version, which Microsoft, bless them, suggests you do if you have these sort of problems.

So I am now on an unsupported version of Windows 10 and not only can I not get a supported version to work with my printers, but I cannot stop Microsoft invading my cyberspace and installing this accursed November 2018 version on my PC, every 30 days!