PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ICUS or another way?
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2003, 13:20
PropDuster

Natit

I got lucky and hit an operator with a C182 and C207. I had more than the required time for the C182 (C172CS is OK) but no C207 time. The boss used to get me to ferry the C207 for maintenance visits (0.5 each way) then once he figured out I wasn't going to do a runner any time soon he told me to go out and do an hour each week until I the magic 10 hours required for the APF, all at company cost. In the past they used to charge pilot $250.00 per hour for their 10 hours. There are some decent operators out there, even in meatbombing. Our CI has worked out over time that It pays to look after pilots (at least the ones that look like sticking around for a while) and it isn't that hard to lose 1 hour a week of 207 time in the grand scheme of things.
Good luck with it, unfortunately we aren't looking at the moment but feel free to PM me with a resume if you like and I'll put it on file. Meatbombing is a truly awesome way of getting hours and experience especially engine management and TO / Landing phases of flight. Some of the people you meet are pretty cool to.

Regards
Prop