PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2020, 10:49
dr dre

Received 372 Likes on 204 Posts
Originally Posted by normanton
It's what I have been after for a while. Not one person is yet to provide a valid argument thats not one of the following:

1) Wait for the 2nd and 3rd offers.
2) The company won’t make a seperate entity, they are bluffing.
3) The 350s won’t come even with a YES vote.
4) Stick it to the company.
5) Anything not endorsed by AIPA is a NO vote.
Well I think it’s safe to say now that they are definitely NOT bluffing.

As far as some have stated that this deal is a disgrace, can anyone provide some tangible numbers or points why?

From what I understand Airbus pilots would be asked to do a bit more work for a bit more pay?

And new hire SO’s would be on 787 style conditions for the entirety of their time as an SO, even if they go to the A380 (which won’t be around much longer anyway).

Is that it? Because if it is and there are some who are advocating that a No vote occurs out of anger or calling their bluff or waiting for round 2 then it’s going to look really silly to have rejected it with the current market the way it is.

With Australian VA 330 pilots who aren’t flying, CZ Captains laid off, expats in all four corners of the globe desperate to come home and plenty of others in regionals, GA and the Academy that can be easily trained up to fly the thing there’ll be no problem crewing the operation, and even for T&C’s that are lower than what’s being proposed. And now we know there’s no guarantees that LWOP would be approved for mainline pilots to join the new operation.

I know everyone’s angry over what’s happened in the last 10 years but think rationally, it’s pretty clear what is going to happen with the Yes vote or a No vote to this EBA. There won’t be a “round 2”....

I think it’s time to discuss the specific changes that are being proposed than having discussions off in every tangent about what seniority could get you an FO slot in 2005 or how much you hate the company. Eastern Airlines pilots and staff hated their boss in the 80’s too. Look where they ended up.

Last edited by dr dre; 28th Feb 2020 at 11:06.