PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2020, 08:46
cloudsurfng

Received 75 Likes on 30 Posts
Unless you are Qf management, that's just about as an insulting piece as I've read on these pages. The pilot body at Qantas is as caring for it's future as it is possible to be. If you don't see that, YOU are in the wrong career for it will hurt you badly.

And when a NO vote ends up costing us the 350, and promotions dry up, and we watch yet another entity flying red tailed aircraft....then what do you say? “ well I cared for the future pilots and lost”. How does that help anyone. I don’t like the situation any more than any other mainline pilot, but are you willing to risk it? Look at the narcissistic management. Look at the current pro business government. Look at how the labour government screwed us all in 2011. Look at the pro business FWA. it’s wrong, completely wrong the position we are in, and should never be allowed to happen in Australia. But the law is leaning very heavily away from employees now.

im assuming you read qrewroom, and if so you will know who I’m talking about. Maybe they are well intentioned, but my reading of it is their position is based on anger rather than facts. Im as pissed off as you are. But we have to leave emotion aside now. They have unlimited spending potential on courts etc. If we lose this aircraft, we are all f#$ed. You may find it insulting, I don’t really care. It is fact. There are people pushing a NO, who, if it does go down and we lose the aircraft, will never be affected by it. They will finish their careers on 380’s and sail off into the sunset with their defined benefit super. The rest of us aren’t so lucky.