PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2020, 05:52
34R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by normanton
Lets at least try and keep it civil shall we. I’m asking legitimate questions, and so far the only reasons for a NO vote we’re the ones I’ve listed above.
Just to be clear, that was a line directed at the 3 amigo's, not you.

As far as the 787 deal, you are quite right. It was approved by the majority (strange how I never seem to fly with people that voted yes to it.....) It did however dilute the current contract and set a new bench mark to which all future negotiations would be compared to.
This would be the second successive deal that would see less money for more work.

And let's not get too carried away with crediting recent recruitment to the 787 deal getting done. Given the number of aircraft gained versus aircraft retired, I'm not sure there has been a net increase. That hiring boom took place because of poor HR practices, not an abundance of opportunity created by a couple of 787's.

How far/low are you prepared to go just to secure flying? Surely there is a point where even yourself would be reticent to accept a substandard deal in return for a shiny new jet?