PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2020, 02:35
normanton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Beer Baron
No mate, having been a long term S/O I want to ensure that anyone who has to endure that after me is on a decent contract while stuck in the rank. In early Feb you agreed with that very position. Now after a clever threat from Tino you have totally capitulated, I have not.
So your entire argument is that the threat is not real, and we should wait for the "2nd and 3rd choice" ?

The 2nd and 3rd choice will still be EBA10 - there will just be no Project Sunrise in the picture. That's because its gone to a new entity. That new entity is now employing Cap/FO/SO on less money and worse conditions that is proposed in the current negotiations. Don't kid yourself if you don't think they will be able to find pilots for it, even if it is 3 years away.

What sort of picture do you see for the current mainline pilots when the company works out how much $$$ they are saving with the new entity? You can wave goodbye to a 737 / 330 / 380 replacement aircraft at mainline. You can also wave goodbye to your future command at Qantas. Let that one sink in. But it's ok - because after all you did slug it out for 16 years as an S/O during the lost decade.