PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2020, 00:53
Beer Baron

Received 158 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Telfer86
Beer Baron you said this "But I suffered through those bad years"
How is employment as a SO on the QF LH agreement award "suffering" weren't you getting an incremental salary rise for each year of service ?
Something like 12 steps - who has these days , year 12 SO earns 50% more than year 1
With regard promotion you could have upgraded to FO on NB fleet likely a few years after joining , gone to JQ Aust and got some Airbus time
Even gone to a QF entity on LWOP and got LHS
I am certain if so chose you would have been 737 FO in your home town donkeys years ago
Oh didums didums , boo hoo hoo , the poor 12 year QF SO stuck earning north of $180K if on 330 $250K on 747/380
you really suffered oh poor Beer Baron
You embarrass yourself by writing such drivel.

My response was regarding normanton’s reference to the “lost decade”. If you think people refer to it as such because it was such a wonderful time to be at Qantas then you are a fool. If it was such a great period why do you offer numerous avenues that people took to leave?

Earning north of $250K???? Hahaha
I was an S/O on the 767, paid closer to $70K.

“Could have upgraded to SH in a few years”, Wrong again mate. You weren’t there, you don’t know what you are talking about.

I did go to the 737, flew it for years. Took a long time to get that slot and then lose it when there was a training freeze.

I joined Qantas before JQ even started flying yet anyone who joined JQ in those early years (our “lost decade”) could have become a captain twice over while we waited for a narrow body right seat.
I don’t begrudge those pilots, I don’t regret my decision to join Qantas but if you can’t see that watching ones career grind to a halt for nearly a decade would be unpleasant then you are wilfully ignorant.