View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2020, 22:58
dr dre

Received 372 Likes on 204 Posts
Originally Posted by normanton
Well I actually haven’t.

But so far the reasons I have heard for a NO vote are:

1) Wait for the 2nd and 3rd offers.
2) The company won’t make a seperate entity, they are bluffing.
3) The 350s won’t come even with a YES vote.
4) Stick it to the company.
5) Anything not endorsed by AIPA is a NO vote.

Pretty appalling reasons really. Especially considering our profession successfully resolves around solid decision making skills. GRADE anyone?
4) Stick it to the company??

Are they serious??

I know what everything thinks about management and the history and yes there’s lots of reasons for anger, but don’t forget:

It’s that same company that you want to “stick” it to that puts a whole lot of money in your bank account every fortnight.

There’s a lot of pilots out there who would sing the praises of management to high heaven in order to have a steady pay check coming in or be able to be based back in Australia.

That’s ridiculous.

As for the other reasons there’s no guarantee of a 2nd or 3rd offer, given the current worldwide conditions I don’t think anyone is bluffing, the A350 is almost certainly coming (why bother drafting conditions for it if it isn’t??) and it looks as if the Union isn’t too far away from the company with their prospective positions anyway.

This doesn’t mean you should automatically vote yes but make your decision after good judgement and a fair comparison of this deal to current global market pilot conditions, not legacy A380 conditions which won’t exist in the medium future.