PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2020, 22:01
anonfly

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey guys/girls.
I have been following this thread with interest. Not a Qf pilot.

One of the take away I get is regardless of where you work. The company is about maximising profits and screwing you.
CASA just signed off your FMRS without consultation with the union bodies. They want to set up different pay scales and screw the pilots coming up through the system. The only positive I can say about that is how did that work out for Cathay? There is already a pilot shortage, in 10yrs time with cost and time involved in being a pilot. Why bother. Far more lifestyle and lucrative jobs out there without the BS pilots put up with. Hopefully airline companies get their own back with the continuous eroding of conditions.

My only worry for you is that currently the performance of your direct competition isn’t exactly flash hot. Talk of redundancies for mainly 320/330 pilots. Cathay Dragon is about to most likely make redundancies in a few months. Suddenly even with a “pilot shortage” in the next year there is about to be a bunch of pilots out looking for work and the Corona virus has given Qantas the perfect storm of events to create a new entity with pilots who have plenty of bus time. But setting up said new entity sure is easier said than done. It’s not just pilots you require, think of all the support staff you need to safely get a plane from A-B.
I wish you all well in the coming months. If I was there it would be a No from me.
I would be thinking of the future pilots coming through. And the legacy you want to leave behind.
Good luck either way and safe flying