PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2020, 19:17
PPRuNeUser0184

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fonz121
I guess this boils down to whether or not you believe the threat.

I’m guessing Normanton, Kiwi and co. were external hires and haven’t dealt with a QF Group EBA process before.
Ah....no....I’ve been in mainline for the last 17 years. We all wore red ties and made PAs a decade ago to “secure our flying”......isn’t that what we are trying to achieve here? I’ve been through a RIN and subsequent demotion.

Secure the flying.....isn’t that really the big picture? What’s the point of legacy conditions if there is no expansion? Where have we seen that before?

It’s pretty simple. I don’t believe the company are bluffing. I don’t think this is an idle threat. I think AJ and Tino’s ambition and ego are at play here and AJ has form. This is a bold move on their part and it is unprecedented. But that is what makes it even more likely that they intend to follow through with their threat.. Maybe I’m wrong but quite simply I’m not prepared to take the risk. Vote NO and the flying gets done by a new company....on T&C that are less favourable than the companies existing offer. All recruitment in mainline will slow or stop and all expansion, recruitment and promotion will be with the new entity. Call me selfish if you want, that does not bother me in the slightest but I will be thinking for myself, looking after myself and my family and voting against giving the company an excuse to do that.

If AIPA have info that they believe show the company are bluffing or are legally restricted from following through on their threat (even though the precedent has been set many times) then they need to start educating the pilot group once negotiations are over ASAP.

Last edited by PPRuNeUser0184; 27th Feb 2020 at 19:42.