PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Expectation for landing a job straight out of Flight Academy
Old 27th Feb 2020, 14:22
Sorath

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Expectation for landing a job straight out of Flight Academy

Hi everyone, I'm new to this great forum. Hoping to get some good advice from all of you.

I'm starting my Integrated ATPL in April, so I guess I'll be done by Q1 2022, and really I'm just trying not to think of it but, it's fairly fighting to think of the panorama of employment for rookies. My main worry is trying to land a job without any TR, and hoping to get some sort of bonded type of contract... I will definitely NOT go into pay-to-fly or similar type of entry into the industry, since I think it's totally unethical and just bombs the way for future generations of pilots... and worse, if you have the money and not the skill you can just waltz your way in, unbelievable.

I'm starting in European Flyers in Madrid, because it suits me best. Seems to be one of the best schools in Madrid and it's what I can afford since it's where I live and work as a Ground Test Aircraft Systems Engineer for Airbus.

So, the point is... can I expect to find in Europe or Asia any type of job offers for Cadets without TR and 200Hrs in two years time? Or will I have to grind my way to 500Hrs out of my pocket in a SEP, to get more PIC hours, or can I just forget about everything without a self sponsored TR for a A320/B737?

I guess aiming for Asia for a first job without experience is a little farfetched... (note I want to pay off my loan ASAP)

Thanks! Hoping to hear ANY kind of advice / experience / recommendation.