PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2020, 09:54
Fonz121

Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts
I guess this boils down to whether or not you believe the threat.

I’m guessing Normanton, Kiwi and co. were external hires and haven’t dealt with a QF Group EBA process before. I could be wrong but that’s the impression I’m getting. It’s understandable to be spooked by the stance the company have taken if you’ve never done the dance before and it’s obviously your right to vote whatever way you want.

I’m also a newer mainline addition and ultimately will wait to see the offer, but at this stage I will be voting no if they’re not willing to budge on anything. I think some are underestimating how difficult it would be to set up a new operation for the flying they want to do and they would rather avoid it if possible. Yes they’ve said they will only be having one vote and then outsourcing, but these people will do whatever they want so long as it’s in their interest. What happens if it’s hypothetically a 49% yes vote? You think they’ll just move on? I don’t. Also imagine the utter s**t show the eba negotiations would turn into if the 350 was outsourced. It would potentially ruin Allan’s 100 year party.

Some people are also of the opinion that the company want us to vote no just so they can go ahead and outsource the flying. Rubbish. If they wanted to outsource any new flying they would have done so from the get go.

Don’t forget how much money the company has made since the last EBA, and the exorbitant bonuses being paid to management. Just two weeks ago Delta paid all of its staff about two months worth of salary as a bonus.

Bastian was initially worried about paying out such large bonuses. He feared that Wall Street and investors would prefer paying his employees less money and use the funds for other revenue-generating opportunities. The chief executive said, "For years, I would get beaten up by Wall Street. They thought the profits were theirs, and ‘Why are you giving the profits away to the employees?’” Bastian added, "Wall Street has actually come full circle, and they realize that Delta is the most awarded airline in the world because of its employees." For the third year in a row, Delta has been anointed the No. 1-ranked U.S. airline by the Wall Street Journal.

It is a wise business decision for the company to invest in its employees. When people are paid well, respected and appreciated, they tend to work harder and produce better results. They’re happier and it shows in their work and in their interactions with customers. The extra bonus compensation instills employee loyalty and will help retain employees in a tight job market. It will also make Delta more competitive in attracting top talent to join the company.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackkel.../#4c52338c1f72

Last edited by Fonz121; 27th Feb 2020 at 10:03. Reason: Link added