PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2020, 09:04
normanton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Beer Baron
So yes, they can roll out this threat every 4 years. And if we capitulate and start giving away the silver this time then you can be 100% certain they’ll try it out on next time.
They won't have to. The new entity will already be established flying the 350 when you voted NO.

Originally Posted by Beer Baron
I want new S/O hired into mainline on mainline conditions not some ****ty new deal that isn’t good enough for me but is fine for someone else. If I’m as selfish as you attest then shouldn’t I be quite happy to vote yes to significant pay cuts for future S/O’s?
Your argument is moot. They will be hired anyway on an even worse deal under the new entity. Then the company has an established cheap labour company competing directly with you. 16 years from SO to FO? Wait till you see the consequences voting NO will have on the rest off your LH flying career.

Also I disagree with your statement about your vintage colleagues. After flying with some who have been directly affected from the lost decade, there opinion is the complete reverse of yours. They were of the opinion they never want to see it happen again, and I agree.

Last edited by normanton; 27th Feb 2020 at 09:15.