PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2020, 08:39
Beer Baron

Received 158 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by normanton
Easy to vote no and stick it to the company, wait for a better offer etc. when you are sitting comfortably in the LHS. Not to sure the pilots still sitting in the RHS after the lost decade would agree with you.
That’s quite funny because I’m not in the LHS. I’m an F/O, I spent almost the entire “lost decade” stuck as a second officer and it took me 16 years to finally get a LH RHS (yet not even in my home base). So those pilots DO agree with me, I am one of them and my similar vintage colleagues agree.
I’ll be voting yes to any offer whether it be a negotiated deal or a company only deal to secure the flying and secure a future for myself and my family. It’s just not worth the gamble. Legacy conditions are on the way out and I am completely comfortable with that.
I can’t decide if that is just hopelessly defeatist or selfish. WHY would you join a legacy airline just to come in and vote to trash the conditions and be “completely comfortable with that”? Why not just join Jetstar or Tiger if you are happy with low cost conditions? Or are you thinking that you’ll hold onto the good terms and just screw those who join after you?
Either way it’s a pretty sad attitude.