PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2020, 06:29
Maggie Island

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by KZ Kiwi
So you’re happy to call the company’s bluff? Hell of a gamble in my opinion. The old “never vote yes to the first offer” does not apply here. The company absolutely have the upper hand.You can’t reasonably ignore the elephant in the room.

Gifting the company an excuse to start up a separate entity for future expansion is just madness and I don’t see how any logical person could vote and allow this to happen.
If AJ and co have such a strong hand then it won’t matter which way you vote the outcome will be the same (whatever QF want). Everyone here knows that if it was commercially viable to establish a new pilot entity to replace mainline it would have been done a long time ago. The last decade alone would’ve yielded ample opportunities to create an (obviously unviable) budget pilot offshoot - I doubt Coward St haven’t already explored this option to death, and given the current state of affairs I think the proof is in the pudding... it’s simply not worth it.

I don’t think it matters what hand QF have, the collective pilot body probably have a better one.