PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing posts first loss in two decades as 737 Max costs double
Old 19th Feb 2020, 17:18
Peter H

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
>Originally Posted by roulishollandais View Post
>in the Volkswagen investigation there was only fraud!
>in the Max crash the origin is not the fraud but a lack of computer knowledge. That lack of knowledge is existing by Airbus too,
>and in the whole aeronautical world including the certification process in use by ICAO

>
>Peter H Can you elaborate on that.
>I understood that MCAS-1 (before the grounding) performed as-per-specification (with the pilots expected to catch the "trim-runaway").

>roulishollandais Sorry Peter H,
>there is not enough place in these threads; specification in not everything....

I requested an elaboration of your original cryptic post, I think there should be space in the thread for that.

My one-liner was simply to emphasise that the software implementation team seem to be totally in the clear.
They correctly implemented software conforming to the specification they were give. A specification that had
passed all Boeing QC checks, including a full safety assessment (which specifically considered AoA failure).

So can you elaborate, not about specifications, by why "in the Max crash the origin is not the fraud but a lack of computer knowledge."
Who failed to understand what about computers, and with what consequences?
... I'm just trying to understand what you meant.