PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAE Oxford Start Dates
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2020, 05:03
VariablePitchP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Richard Kenneth Reed
Hi Phillip,

I would be interested in learning more about your experience. You say there are no partnered schemes but what about the generation Easyjet cadets - they make up a huge amount of the students.

I speak to a couple of students at groundschool in Oxford and while they say the admin side isn't great - the instructors have been excellent which I think is important.

Overcapacity at Phoenix has definitely been an issue from what I have heard and I think they are setting up some more locations to deal with the backlog.

I certainty don't want to take anything away from your experience but we need to be mindful that future students like myself look at these posts and make decisions based on them.

Have you had any luck with finding a job since qualifying?

Thanks,
Just a point Richard, people generally have a positive view of their instructors, we just do. Ask anyone from any school and regardless of how badly run the school is you’ll get the same response. Main reason being why on earth would you become an instructor if you didn’t want to do it? The money isn’t great and you spend your day flying a washing machine around cramped in a tiny seat eating muesli bars out of a flight bag. They do it because they love the job and that will always show.

‘Generation Easyjet’ cadets have a place before the course so they shouldn’t count as placed, although they will be included in the stats. Always worth asking out of how many successfully placed students, how many already had a job when they started...