PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2020, 02:31
morno

Received 318 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by KZ Kiwi
Timmeeee I’ve got a very good jet job in Australia and consider myself very lucky so no you’re not exactly correct. I do have an interest in making sure the company I work for continues to expand, recruit, promote and remain profitable. To me it’s quite obvious what the outcome will be. If I was AJ I would jump at the chance of breaking the LH contract and setting up a new lower paid entity. Personally I don’t want to give him the ability to do that. I guess everyone just vote for what’s best for themselves and their family and whatever the outcome, go from there. That’s what I will be doing. If people are happy to call their bluff and assume that a better deal will be negotiated then good luck to them. If they are happy with the possibility that the company isn’t bluffing and sends all future growth and recruitment to a new entity not affiliated with the LH award then again, good luck to them.

Good luck to all.
I think you’re correct Kiwi. The days of the legacy terms and conditions are on the way out. How anyone can justify the pay that a SO gets on an A380 is beyond me. Sure, pay your Captain and FO reasonable salaries, but the dude in the back is merely a seat warmer, he doesn’t need $180k a year.