PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2020, 20:22
PPRuNeUser0184

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 73qanda
I’m not involved but have an opinion.
I reckon you guys need to do whatever it takes to avoid a B scale kind of set up. Once that has its foot in the door time zips past and all of a sudden it’s not the same Airline.
Is there anyone who actually wants to do this kind of flying anyway? The thought of it makes my toes curl.
IF is voted down by QF pilots and another crewing entity is set up to crew it they will have zero problems crewing it. Plenty of people in overseas airlines will come back for it. And if it’s voted down I guarantee the conditions offered by the new entity will not be as good as those presented by the company already.....and they will still crew it.

Like I’ve said previously. The 350 will be on the Qantas AOC. Dick will be the CP. The mainline fleet managers and training managers will acquire the 350 on their books. Just like.......Jetconnect. Jetconnect pilots are essentially mainline pilots......just on a different set of conditions.. This will be NO different.

For anyone in mainline with 15 to 20 years plus left to go it’s a huge gamble to call the companies bluff (and I don’t think for a second that they are bluffing.).

We already have a B scale. It’s called the 787.