PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British citizen hour building in Arizona with an Austrian Licence.
Old 14th Feb 2020, 19:00
Modular_Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
British citizen hour building in Arizona with an Austrian Licence.

Evening everyone.

This is my first time posting on here, so I'm not 100% sure if this is the correct forum for this post. Apologies if it is.

Basically I'm looking to visit Arizona later this year to begin the hour building part of my modular course, and from what I've been told and read, I understand that I have to apply for the FAA form "AC 8060-71 - Verification of authenticity of foreign license and medical certification" and then email to the FAA. However it states on the FAA Airmen Certification webpage in a paragraph near the bottom that If you are Airmen from United Kingdom that you have to apply to the CAA first. I assume this is to allow permission for my details to be provided to the FAA.

However, I may have a slight issue on this process. Like so many on here and due to Brexit, I transferred my licence authority to Austro Control, so I now have an Austrian licence and medical but reside and live in United Kingdom. Can anyone advise me or have any information on whether you think there will be issues for the FAA to issue me with a "letter of authenticity" if my licence authority (Austrian) is different from the country I was born and live in (United Kingdom).