PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cancel the Ticket or No Show?
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2020, 20:27
G-ALAN

bat fastard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cancel the Ticket or No Show?

Hi All, I just need a little bit of advice. A couple of months ago I booked a flight to travel in early March, however, due to personal circumstances, I will no longer be able to travel at that time. Instead, I will be travelling a little later in the year but not sure exactly when. Anyway, I paid £730 return for the flight and when I checked the T&C's of my ticket today, I noted in the small print that the cancellation cost of the ticket is £240 each for the outbound and return flights. Now to me this means one of two things but I'm not sure which.

Does it mean:-
A. The airline will deduct 2 x £240 from the £730 fare and refund me the remaining £250?
B. My £730 fare is gone and if I call up and cancel the flights they will subsequently charge me a further £480?

In all my years of travelling I have never had cause to cancel my flights until now but perhaps someone who has more experience of this can advise? If the answer is B then can I simply not turn up at check in and therefore not fly? I'm guessing they can't charge me for doing that.

Many thanks all