PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAE Oxford Start Dates
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2020, 09:13
willscott561

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VariablePitchP
Go elsewhere, they’re 100% prioritising airline cadets, and why wouldn’t they. They know that you’re still going to pay them and won’t complain because you’ll be afraid that you'll get a bad report which looks bad to the airlines if you kick off. If you were them why on Earth would you prioritise whitetail over airline cadets who have the backing of a commercially important airline.

Sounds harsh but thanks 100% what’s happening here. And don’t think the shafting will stop once you start... Take a look how CTC (disguised as L3) are treating their white tails at the moment.
Yes, I was thinking of going down the modular route, this is the second time that my start date has been pushed back. Poor form to hold assessment days with no warning that you may well not get a space for a year. But, like you said, what can you do? It was amusing to listen to the lady on the phone claim that they weren't prioritising the airline programmes, despite the email saying "Our earlier start dates across all locations in Europe are currently reserved for our upcoming airline programmes". CAE haven't wildly impressed me as a company so far. And, from the sounds of it, it sounds like there's problems wherever you go. Back to square one I guess