PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus require separate Crew lanes
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2020, 12:12
Car RAMROD

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Traffic_Is_Er_Was
Several have arrived on planes, and it has not spread over continents. Let's get real about the actual risk of contracting this thing.
ok then. Let’s just say, for arguments sake, that you are a boss and I am an employee of you. Would you get angry at me for refusing to do a flight if I believed that the risk to myself was more than what you believed, and try to dictate that I do the flight or whatever just because you say it’s ok?

we all have different risk levels, I agree. But that does not mean that I should blindly follow what my employer tells me to do just because they say it’s ok.

if you, as boss, goes and crews the flight then I might (not will) be more willing to accept- but if the boss isn’t actively putting themselves in harms way, I sure as **** ain’t.

p.s- it hasn’t spread over continents? Really?

p.p.s I do realise “Coronavirus” is effectively another strain of the flu (I’m not a doctor, let’s not pick apart the nitty gritty of that statement). But this strain has so many unknowns. Is it an over-reaction on the worlds part? Maybe, maybe not. As I said before, we have our own level of risk we are willing to take.
Me, I’d personally like it to be an overreaction but at the same time I’m not willing to put myself at increased risk.