PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Buying Water Bombers For Australia?
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2020, 02:08
dr dre

Received 359 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by neville_nobody
I said they have made it difficult not impossible. I think that is the frustration that is being directed at them.
I hate to sound like a broken record but everyone involved with firefighting, from state Fire Chiefs down to local on the ground firies aren’t blaming “greenies” at all, whether you accuse them of making hazard reduction “difficult” or “impossible”.

Like the articles I posted stated those authoritative voices from the firefighting community are blaming a lower window of opportunity to carry out controlled burns and problems with resourcing/funding.

Why do you have such an obsession to place a large proportion or all of the blame for this crisis on “greenies” when all the experts involved in firefighting aren’t blaming them at all? It seems you are more obsessed with point scoring against your politcial enemies rather than listening to what the credible firefighters are saying.

If there’s any frustration being directed at them it’s wrong, and I would hasten to say a deliberate effort at political and media point scoring and deflection away from the real problems firefighters are facing.

Last edited by dr dre; 6th Feb 2020 at 02:19.