PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flights from China
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2020, 01:40
patty50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The numbers coming out are reassuring. We’re well below the doubling every 2 days threshold.

I have no idea why everyone is so sceptical of the Chinese stats. A province of 60 million will still have extensive pathology resources in ordinary times and undoubtedly everything else is getting pushed aside. Other provinces with relatively few cases must be performing thousands and thousands of tests every day.

Furthermore NO ONE has an incentive to lie. The Chinese government will be on a witch hunt after this, finding and punishing anyone who covered up cases. The government only benefits from transparency at this point.

A lot of anti-CCP Chinese and anti-Xi forces within the party will be using the chaos to their advantage, plenty of blatantly fake videos out there.

The deaths numbers are improving, we would expect this to go the other way if hospitals are overwhelmed and only the sickest are getting tested.

In NSW we have had no new cases in a week and huge numbers being tested. Hand hygiene within the population is probably the best it has ever been, fingers crossed that benefit carries over to our flu season.

I have never seen so much FUD in my life. The news sites must be loving the traffic boost.