PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFPS15 - government decision.
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2020, 15:09
FJ2ME

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any decision to limit restorative action to those still serving would contravene the appeal court hearing and would be laughed out of court. But the idea that the organisation that came up with such a blatantly unfair compulsory change in the first place wouldn’t attempt to renege on their responsibilities with an equally naive and ill-researched course of action is not a surprise either. One thing that is a fact is that this is going to take years to sort out not weeks. My supposition is that the bean counters will work out what this potentially costs them, and then they will make an offer to individuals to settle for around 25-35% of what they are owed, in return for a signature stating that is the end of the matter. Many fools who are already resigned to the fact their pension is burned will welcome the injection of funds for a new Discovery Sport and take the money and leave it at that. Not only selling themselves short but converting pension benefit into a one-time purchase or debt-relief gift. Personally, I know roughly what APFS cost me, based on a life expectancy of 85, and if the initial offer is £1 less than my sums then it will be rejected and I’ll see them in court.

Being subject to incompetence and mediocrity at work is one thing, having it rob you of pension benefits in your old age is quite another. And don’t forget by the time I come to claim this pension I will likely as not have to self-fund any social care I might need. So I want my money. They’ve had their service and a court has reminded them of their financial commitments. Now they must meet them.