PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar EBA 2019
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2020, 22:34
ECAMACTIONSCOMPLETE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Paddleboat
With this agreement we're being asked to take on further responsibility, more passengers, bigger planes, longer sectors, more international destinations.
I’ve heard this argument many times and I don’t really understand it. We’ll be flying east coast Aus to Bali (and beyond). 6 credit hours, 1 sector. Currently that’d be a pretty decent 4 sector day. I know what I’d rather do.

To second this, the Virgin Australia 737 international pilot contract in inferior to that if the domestic guys, so the idea that flying further should get us more per hour I think is off.

A good mix of NB international sectors I think would be good to vary our flying schedules. My opinion only.

Unfortunately the EBA states Narrow Body aircraft for our pay scales. It isn’t aircraft specific. I think we should get paid more for flying more A321s as pilot payscales in Aus have always been based on aircraft size but I simply can’t see that happening.

The company arent going to give an inch now that we’ve striked. They’d rather waste $100 million on further strikes rather than give us $20 million on a better contract.

My argument has never been against a better contact, it’s been that strike action won’t get us there.