PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar EBA 2019
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2020, 21:48
Paddleboat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ECAMACTIONSCOMPLETE
I would call striking before an EBA has even been seen, let alone voted on, throwing the toys out of the pram.
I'm confused. What do you mean the EBA hasn't been seen? Of course its been seen. It's been in black and white since the very beginning. Go find the 2015 agreement, add 3% to it. The end. The company has been absolutely crystal clear on their position since the process began. "There is no negotiation. There is 3%. All else will be denied. Don't even show up to a meeting unless you agree to these terms". Even attempts to offset gains through productivity improvements are simply valued at zero or close to, and the improvements sought dismissed out of hand.

Originally Posted by ECAMACTIONSCOMPLETE
So what exactly was the strike action in December for? What are we fighting for now? Expansion of Highline and overnight rates?
Seriously? With this agreement we're being asked to take on further responsibility, more passengers, bigger planes, longer sectors, more international destinations. We're being saddled with the Jeppesen 'optimizer' that reduces our flying density resulting in us being at work more, for less. And we're being asked to do it for a literal pay cut. 3% won't come close to covering the deficit to your pay with the reduced density.

What are we fighting for? We're fighting to not be left behind vs those who do the same job as you. People who do far less than you in fact. And it isn't because we're struggling, and it isn't in hand with the management who will share our depressed remuneration; they're on record bonus' and taking home millions. We'll do it because people roll over and declare "well i'm still payed pretty well for my first job, its fine".

Why do you think we're not paid minimum wage? Managerial empathy? Charity? It's because pilots before you fought bloody hard for it. In the early days of JQ as it transitioned from Impulse, there was a notion among some established pilots to continue the impulse 717 conditions on the 320. But others dug in and fought hard, securing a dramatic boost. The outcome from these negotiations will carry through for the rest of your career, as those did.

That's what we're fighting for.