PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Refuelling with pax on board
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2020, 13:53
the_stranger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by retired guy
Hi Skyjob
At an airline not far from you this requires a pilot to leave the flight deck to become the "qualified supervisor". There being nobody else on the ground except the guys loading baggage and the refueller himself.
That pilot must plug in and communicate with the other pilot on the flight deck by inter phone. Or perhaps agreed visual hand signals.
The word "should" as written in the AMC EASA approved document is regarded as "will" since in an accident nobody is going to buy that the word "should" is a reasonable cause for non compliance. As in "should remain at a specified location during fuelling operations with passengers on board"
Certainly the Court would not do so when awarding 500 million in damages.
So I am asking guys who fly with "other airlines" that seem to not need to comply with the above - how do you do it?
By the way I fully agree that this is utter nonsense - but here we are!

Best wishes
R Guy
The rules don't specify any of the concerned parties have to be flightdeck crew. Also, it does not exclude the fueler being the supervisor himself.

Like I already posted, we let the fueler communicate directly with the senior purser, which has the qualifications mentioned in those rules you post.

He/she is at a specified place (door 12) and is able to start an evacuation is required.