PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GT says fatal 737 MAX crashes caused by 'incompetent crew.'
Old 28th Jan 2020, 09:24
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
I note your attempt at an Ad Hominem attack. I comment within my competence and at present, the FAA and Regulators around the world reckon that the Max is unfit to fly. If the regulators and knowledgeable pilots say MCAS is a crock, that’s good enough for me. I don’t need to be a 20,000 hr check pilot to understand that this is a major crock and no amount of spin by Thomas, P51d or George can reverse that fact.

MCAS is a kludge that should never have been designed and installed the way it was, which is probably why the FBI has launched an investigation. The argument that MCAS is a minor glitch just doesn’t wash. That happens to be why 737 production is not just temporarily halted but actually stopped, but I don’t expect you would understand the huge difference in what that means in manufacturing terms.

Furthermore the “dumb third world crew” argument doesn’t fit these accidents and besmirches anyone who tries to use it for reasons of simple logic.

I stand by my comments on Boeing in the old days - it was a great company to work with and had wonderful employees as I have posted before. Now, obviously, as evidenced by published internal company communications, a great company to work for? not so much.

As for Airbus, how dare anyone slander them by saying that they are in the same crap as Boeing?

Last edited by Sunfish; 28th Jan 2020 at 14:26.