PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GT says fatal 737 MAX crashes caused by 'incompetent crew.'
Old 27th Jan 2020, 08:15
patplan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by retired guy
...snipped...
Another slant
The sample rate for Max is very small outside USA. So percentage crash rates are not comparable. How did the USA rate compare? What was the max accident rate per million USA departures where most of The flying took place?...
You must be joking retired guy. I don't know how you based your statistics. Do you know that nearly 75% of DELIVERED AND IN-SERVICE Boeing 737 Max 8 [B38M] is being operated outside the US [and Canada]?? I'm sure you miss that fact; otherwise, you won't be making your statement.

Boeing 737 Max 8 [B38M] in service in North America [see here]:
American Airlines - 24
United Airlines - 14
Southwest Airlines - 34
Air Canada - 24
Sunwing - 4
Westjet - 13

Total B38M operational in US and Canada: 113
Total B38M operational worldwide:

I guess you don't have to be a math genius to figure out that ONLY ABOUT 26% [113/423] of B38M is operational in US and Canada. So, THE AIRLINES FROM THE REST OF THE WORLD STATISTICALLY KNOW THE ERRATIC/ABNORMAL BEHAVIOR OF B38M BETTER THAN ONES IN THE US [plus CANADA].

And, let me show you one "MIND BOGGLING" statistic from THE "FIRST" and "MOST EXPERIENCED" B38M crews in the universe: the Lion Air Group. Yes. It's the first and very fortunate airline to experience Boeing's cut-corner-for-profit-and-to-hell-with-safety mentality.

This is from the FINAL Accident Report of Lion Air PK-LQP:

Does it look "normal" to you? If you do, take a look again at the numbers because this airplane PK-LQP had only been in service from 13th August 2018 to 29th October 2018 [only 75 days!!]. Around ~900 hours / ~450 cycles in just 75 DAYS !! Guess what. Lion Air utilizes virtually every single plane it has the same way. Lion air seems to have played the dice called Boeing 737 Max 8. Unfortunately, unbeknownst to them, they had played with a flawed and deadly dice, and the consequence had been disastrously fatal- 189 people perished.

I think you finally realize that all airlines in the world are unwittingly played the game of "Russian Roulette" created by Boeing and its cohorts, and, unfortunately, the odds are EXPONENTIALLY HIGHER for the owners of 74% of ALL Boeing 737 Max 8 in operation worldwide [excluding the US/Canada] to face some major catastrophes. And, while looking at that number and that big utilization numbers by Lion Air, I won't be that surprised if in reality 80-90% of historical B38M utilization had been performed by airlines outside the US and Canada.

And, you've asked...
Originally Posted by retired guy
...snipped...
How did the USA rate compare?
For B38M? Sorry retired guy. NO CONTEST. But, if for some reason the FAA would let "the new and improved" B38M to only fly in North America... Well...