PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - E-Exams Roadshow, one day to respond!
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2020, 07:03
BEagle

Received 271 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by BigEndBob
So most schools i know charge £20 per exam. So will we now charging £30 per exam?

And what of resit, same charge to CAA.

Or will the examiner fee to CAA be reduced.
What does the applicant actually get for their £20 at present?

With the e-exam system, exams may only be booked by the ATO/DTO for a fee of £10 per exam. The current proposal is that the booking will last for 90 days. If the applicant fails to sit the exam in that period, the fee will not be refunded. If the applicant fails the exam, a second booking will also be necessary - plus another £10 fee.

Invigilators will have to be authorised Ground Examiners and will be required to monitor the applicant's activity during the e-exam, so that no cheating / Googling or access to other websites occurs during the exam.

Theoretical Knowledge exams are supposed to be part of LAPL/PPL training, hence an adequate debriefing system is essential if the applicant is to receive any real benefit.

Exam pass records will be stored on the relevant 'portal'.

OK then, someone from the CAA can come into my school and supply a computer, electricity, phone line, supervise the candidate.

Otherwise they, the CAA set up a test centre and i will send the candidate there and cut me out of the equation.

I am not going to do the CAA's job for nothing.
How will that benefit your applicants?