PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Phones Off?
Thread: Phones Off?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2020, 04:01
Flo121142

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had an interesting experience a long time ago, when starting to fly A320s. Back then, I had a Nokia Lumia Phone, which happens to be a Windows phone (it has been a while...). During one of my early line training flights on an old A320 with the legacy FMGC I obviously forgot to switch it off/to flight mode. Just before top of descend FMGC1 froze up, shortly afterwards followed by FMGC2. We reset the FMGCs and eventually recovered both of them. When coming back home after the rotation I noticed that my phone sent all messages that I have ever sent again (some people got quite confused when they got messages that were originally sent a couple of months ago...). At this point I didn't link these two occurrences, but a few months later I flew the same MSN and when I took my phone out to take some pictures during cruise the FMGCs started freezing. I guess there must have been a latent fault somewhere in the system that enabled the interference (as mentioned above it only happened on one MSN, but then we only had two aircraft in the fleet that still had the Legacy FMGC...).