PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GT says fatal 737 MAX crashes caused by 'incompetent crew.'
Old 26th Jan 2020, 00:57
retired guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chuboy

As has been discussed at length on PPRuNe, the "robust training standards" are only as good as what was provided by Boeing, which we know was insufficient. Indeed, the notorious Lionair requested additional MAX 8 training from Boeing and were turned away.

The original threads for each crash are still available in the PPRuNe archives, go and read for yourself how quickly race was implicated as a cause for each incident.

An ironic way to end your rant.
I haven’t picked up on the race word too much to be fair. Might have missed it though. Point me! Many commentators have mentioned AF447 as almost same inability to fly basic modes when it all turns sour. Asiana too. And many others like that. But it is true that in the last ten years most serious accidents to passenger airlines were in three regions of the world. And only a few were in USA Europe. German Wings Turkish AMS. Others? But not many. I think it’s fact rather than racial prejudice. 200 airlines are banned from flying in EU. Many were/are in former USSR, Indonesia and Africa. Lionair was not, at the time of the crash, on the list. Point is that not all airlines are the same.
Some are way above the minimum requirements to obtain an AOC. Most are somewhere well above the red line. 200 or so are not . Unless one believes the EU. is prejudiced along racial lines.
just trying to get a balance on this racial card.
best wishes
R Guy

Last edited by retired guy; 26th Jan 2020 at 06:23.