PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sorry I'm only part time
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2003, 21:42
motionlotion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEagle: away and catch yourself on ……

"Absolutely right. The real issue is that the undersize, overstetched and generally abused UK Armed Forces are just too small now to be able to exercise any flexibility in such cases".

So you don't think that by taking this action she is adding to the "undersize, overstretched AF? What of the knock-on effect, 'cos this will surely open the floodgates.

Propulike is right, she has not done her cause any good at all - it has the same analogy as buying a house next to an airfield then complaining about the noise. She was happy enough to take the shilling and conform to the X factor entitlement when it suited her, now that life / family / work all becomes too much, she pulls the old SD card. Not on, for whatever reason - this will evoke many a parental / military voice from within.

Will the MoD take note? I doubt it, the issue will be money at the end of the day. How much and how often will they have to fork out. Which of course will effect someone else, somewhere else down the line - less coffers in the ever-depleting pot - same old same old.

I really don't think she has any idea what she has done. A blow for the cause, I don't think so.