PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you mention amateur flying on your professional cv?
Old 24th Jan 2020, 19:20
Jan Olieslagers

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, this is getting us far from aviation, mods are welcome to prune (haha) as they see fit. With that reserve, regarding
I had to tweak my CV for every job I applied for.
A free-lance IT'er, I have been contacted by agencies who wanted to present me to their customers, but required me to tweak my cv/résumé to fit expectations. I have always refused that, saying that it was their client, not mine; and if they wanted to tweak my profile they were welcome, though I'd have to approve whatever they sent out. None seemed to like that, indeed some seemed to not understand. This was especially the case with UK agencies, who were and are quite active on the BE market (and LUX, too); in fact I have worked with quite a number of UK expat IT'ers in Brussels. Nice chaps, generally, and not stupid; but not above average ability either. I often wondered how their marketing got them landed in Brussels in such large numbers, and at quite handsome daily rates too. Brexit now sends them reeling off in all directions, I know of several who requested belgian citizenship recently; a few went the french way.

Last edited by Jan Olieslagers; 24th Jan 2020 at 19:51.