PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GT says fatal 737 MAX crashes caused by 'incompetent crew.'
Old 24th Jan 2020, 05:07
ACMS

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by A320ECAM
I have to somewhat agree with the expert.

Listen guys.

Re: Lion Air. The guys didn't really have all the knowledge regarding MCAS but how comes an off duty Lion Air pilot occupying the jump seat managed to save the aircraft on the previous sector?

Re: Ethiopian. These guys were very inexperienced and it showed. They had so much information available to them regarding MCAS because of the Lion Air tragedy. These guys were just overwhelmed by the whole situation. They did not apply the proper memory items and procedures despite Boeing introducing them months earlier! They simply forgot to fly the plane and even switched the MCAS back on (talk about breaking SOPs!)

Any Canadian, US, European or Aussie crew would have dealt with the situation immediately.

Unfortunately it has to be said. I am not current on the 73M but a lot of my friends are and they have even said that Boeing has received too much negativity surrounding this. Unfortunately it comes back to the piss poor media.

True and my experience of the issue as well.