PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Acquiring PPL in Canada or USA
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2020, 00:10
Pilot DAR

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts
I know that Canadian flying schools are heavily booked these days. That's not to say that they don't want more business, but the responsible flying schools are honourable in trying to not over promise completion times. Brampton Flying Club, Durham Flight Training in Oshawa, and Spectrum in Burlington are good places to inquire, and there are others. There are also smaller schools and training organizations who are more agile and prompt to complete training, though not so present in international searches. WM Aero in Peterborough is one. I have had very good experience with Alec Meyers at Toronto Island Airport:

https://alecmyersflighttraining.com/

The weather has been a little less predictable lately, and that has made scheduling a little more difficult. But, we've still been flying...

Toronto has a lot of merit, as it offers all of the controlled airspace and radio work you could want for experience, though a half hour out of the city in any direction, and you pretty well have the sky to yourself. An hour north is very nice scenery, with many small airports, and hardly any "airspace".

PM me if you need more information.