PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you mention amateur flying on your professional cv?
Old 18th Jan 2020, 12:47
Pilot DAR

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts
I agree with both themes which have found their way into the replies. Yes, a brief mention of an unrelated skill or licensing achievement can add to the favourable impression the reader takes from your CV. The reference to flying on a CV should be brief, and not self aggrandizing, but enough that if the reader also happened to be a pilot, you now have something more in common.

And, I agree that unless the intent of a written passage is to deliberately convey a casual or humorous approach, its format, grammar and punctuation should be the best you can do. I consider a person's attention to detail in everything that they do. If they write with care, they will fly my plane with care, and apply care to the other things I might ask of them. If they're casual, the care I expect has not been demonstrated yet. Why pass up the opportunity to make the best first impression? I vigorously avoid "LOLs" and other abbreviations in my writing, and thy to either write out acronyms first, or use only those which I'm certain that the audience will understand.