PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFPS15 - government decision.
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2020, 07:54
VinRouge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ForcesPensionSociety
The MOD video at link rather suggests that people who have left would not miss out on any remedy arrived at:

https://forcespensionsociety.org/news/an-update-on-the-mccloud koi-judgement/

chaps, unfortunately, suggestions are not good enough. I think what is sought is legal advice.

With the significant sums of money involved, we need someone to formally find out the background to why multiple people have been told that those now in receipt of AFPS are not going to be considered. If people in service are being deceived as a result of the complete retention car crash that is going to result from further meddling, that is one thing. May I suggest that by not informing these individuals that the advice they have been given is wrong, in fact means their best interests are not being respected?

However, if there is ANY risk that MoD May be taking a line separate to every other public sector body, we need to know so this position can be fought collectively. Pensions society could easily collect extra membership monies specifically for this entire situation, not just for leavers, in order to cover additional legal expenses. There is no need to burn the cash pot. FBU covered their legal action in under 500k, which set a massive precedent. Pensions Society could do it for far less and return a far better deal for their membership than will be by sitting back and waiting for “The Dust to Settle”. I have very little faith in MoD to go for anything else than the pound shop option when we should be pushing for Waitrose.

Last edited by VinRouge; 18th Jan 2020 at 08:28.