PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFPS15 - government decision.
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2020, 04:49
M1key

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Timelines and Recompense

Firstly, it’s fantastic, but not unexpected, that this issue will “eventually“ be resolved. I haven’t left yet, but have taken my option and leave as a Regular in a little over 8 months after 16 years. I know what I would have received with a 16 year pension because the figures are available via the Pension Tables online and I can use the online calculator to work out the currently expected figure (both Lump Sum and Pension).

The system acts as though this wasn’t predictable, yet many of us predicted in 2014 that the changes were not Legal ones.

Is there anyone actually using a solicitor to fight for their case? I ask because, instead of doing my own thing with my own solicitor, I’d be willing to fight for recompense as soon as practicable instead of waiting for an indeterminate period of time; it’s un my interest to do so.

For info, the difference for me is over 21K Lump Sum and 7-8K per year on my pension; that’s worth fighting for right?

Finally, I find it difficult to believe that those who have left already are not going to be recompensed. What date applies?