PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Buying Water Bombers For Australia?
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2020, 20:22
bankrunner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chocks Away
Let me put some facts on the table here.
There isn't a single fact in this post. There is, however, a lot of Alex Jones conspiracy theory type stuff. I won't try and address any but the most ignorant points.

1) there were not so many F'n arsonists lighting these fires Australia wide (183 arrested already with >200 total sought so far...);
That figure is a fabrication, and you know it. 24 arsonists have been charged this year, and none of the large campaign fires going at the moment we're started by arson.

2) The Greens/Labour hadn't locked up the National Parks from grazing, backburns and locked/let firetrails overgrow for the sake of "habitat';
For a party that's never been in power anywhere, ever, those greens are pretty powerful eh?

Bushfire abatement works are effectively exempt from environmental legislation. Always have been. Safety wins every time.

Open nation parks up for grazing? You'd never see your sheep again and your cows would starve. You'd also destroy the ecosystems that places like Canberra rely on for their water supplies.

3) Farmers weren't fined by local muppet Local Councils for hazaed reduction on there own land!
In my old brigade, about 30% of our callouts every year were illegal burns lit by idiot farmers that had gotten away.